Now that you already have basic understanding of how to identify hot selling dropship products, we move to the next logical step i.e. populating your store with these products.
This process is extremely easy thanks to our extremely useful dropship chrome extension. The extension makes adding new products a piece of cake.
Let's take a look at the process.
Extracting Product Information
Once you have identified and shortlisted the products from our supplier database tool, you can directly go to the supplier product page by clicking on the "View Item" button at the top of the multi-tab panel as shown in the screenshot below:
In this example, the supplier is AliExpress and we will show you how to import an item from AliExpress product page.
As mentioned before, clicking on the "View Item" button will open the AliExpress product page in a new tab.
You have to then click on the Anstrex Dropship Extension (which should already be installed on your browser) icon on your browser toolbar as shown below
When you click on the icon, you will see a popup window as shown below:
As you can see, the extension window is prepopulated with all the details and specs of the given product. Please note that you can edit any item from the popup on the fly before sending it to the store. Let's take a look at each item on the popup along with a brief explanation of each:
- Login/Logout Function: This allows you to login or logout of your Anstrex Dropship account.
- Refresh Button: Clicking on this button will refresh all the elements in the popup window and it will overwrite whatever manual changes you may have made to any of the elements
- Selling Price: The selling price of the item is automatically populated based on the pricing rule you have specified. As you can see here, the rule is to apply a factor of 3 to the original supplier price.
- Compare At Price: The compare at price of the item is automatically populated based on the pricing rule you have specified. As you can see here, the rule is to apply a factor of 5 to the original supplier price.
- Category: This is populated by product category from AliExpress.
- Vendor: This is populated by AliExpress Store Name (For Your Reference).
- Variants: This is an expandable panel which contains all the variants of the given product and will be explained in the next section.
- Images: This is an expandable panel which contains all the images of the given product and will be explained in the next section.
- Description: This is an expandable panel which contains a detailed description of the given product and will be explained in the next section.
- Your Store: This is a dropdown that contains all the stores that are connected to Anstrex Dropship platform. Each store has unique name and the item will be added to the selected store from the dropdown.
- Anstrex Product Board: Product boards are like folders that can help you organize the products. You may create as many product boards as you wish. This dropdown contains all the boards that you have added to the platform.
- Send to My Store: This button exports the product to the selected store in the dropdown (#10).
- Save to Board: This button will save the product to the specified board in the dropdown (#11). It will not send the product to your store. You can always export the item to your store from any of the boards.
Expandable Panels in Detail
As mentioned in the previous section, the chrome extension popup window has multiple items including 3 expandable panels. Let's take a look at each in more detail:
- Variants: This expandable panel shows all the available variants of the given product as shown in the following screenshot As you can see, there are 2 variant types in this case Color and Ship From. Color has 6 different options and Ship From has 2 options. Therefore, total number of variants for this product are 12 (6x12). Please note that you can edit the variant text before sending it to the store. You can also remove a variant by clicking on the cross button (X) which appears when you hover your mouse over the variant as shown below:
Please note that you cannot add more than 100 variants for any product on Shopify store. If the product you select, has more than 100 variants, you will be asked to remove variants so that total number of variants is less than 100.
- Images: This expandable panel shows all the images for the given product as thumbnails as shown below:
You may remove any of the images before exporting it by clicking on the cross (X) button which appears when you hover your mouse over the image as shown in the screenshot above.
- Description: This panel extracts the detailed information provided by the supplier. This description section is in HTML format with rich text and embedded images. Therefore, we provide a rich text HTML editor for you to edit the text before exporting. Here is a screenshot of the panel with HTML editor window:
Besides editing the description, you also have an option to completely remove the description field by clicking on the blue checkbox. Unchecking the box will not send item description to your store.
In this article, we have seen how to import any item from a supplier site directly to your store or alternatively to your product board on Anstrex Dropship platform using our easy to use Chrome browser extension. We have also reviewed all the available options briefly. Armed with this knowledge, you should be able to import various items from suppliers such as AliExpress very efficiently without much effort.